Homes of the Presidents - Before and After the White House
Motorized Tour only - Parts can be included in Highlights of Washington Tours
Duration: 2 hours *As Featured on C-SPAN TV*
Away from the monuments and downtown crowds. See the modest homes and grand mansions in Washington�s tree-lined neighborhoods where 19th and 20th century Presidents lived before and after the White House.
- Pass by the first home bought by Senator Richard Nixon, the one-room apartment rented by newly-weds Lyndon and Lady Bird Johnson, and the fashionable building where ensign John F. Kennedy rented during World War II.
- See where Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower lived frugally, where a budget-conscious Harry Truman rented, and where young Franklin Roosevelt escaped a terrorist explosion.
- Drive in front of the plush homes and diplomatic residences, once home to Herbert Hoover, Warren Harding, Woodrow Wilson, and William Howard Taft.
- Along the way see where Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson lived after succeeding to the presidency but before they moved into the White House.
- As a bonus, glimpse embassies and grand homes of foreign ambassadors, and the residences of famous Washingtonians of the past and present.
Costs: Group or private tours only. If own bus, flat fee of $400 otherwise charter bus fee passed on.