Walking Tour - Parts can be included in Highlights of Washington Tours
Duration: 2 hours *As Featured on C-SPAN TV*
Based on award-winning author Anthony S. Pitch's new book, "They Have Killed Papa Dead!"- The Road to Ford's Theatre, Abraham Lincoln's Murder, and the Rage for Vengeance.
- Starting Point: Beside equestrian statue of Andrew Jackson, center of Lafayette Square facing front of White House. Closest Metro stop: McPherson Square on Orange/Blue lines or Farragut North on Red line.
- A walk in the footsteps of America's most beloved President and most reviled assassin and co-conspirators. Stand in front of the White House and see where Lincoln delivered his last speech and where John Wilkes Booth vowed to kill him.
- See the posh home of Major Henry Rathbone, Lincoln's theater guest, who struggled with the assassin moments after the murder. The walk passes by the site where another conspirator stabbed Secretary of State William Seward and continues to the location where Vice President Andrew Johnson was sworn in as Lincoln's successor.
- Walk to Ford's Theatre, where Lincoln was mortally wounded on 14 April 1865. See the Petersen House across the road, where Lincoln died the following morning in a bed too small for his 6ft. 4in. body.
- See where the conspirators boarded and plotted and where some were arrested in Mary Surratt's notorious brick boarding house... and much more!
Cost: Group or private tours by appointment. Flat fee of $400. Maximum of 35 people.